- one whole wheat pizza dough, fresh
- 1 cup roasted red pepper and eggplant sauce (you can find it at trader joe's)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
Goat Cheese Pizza
by Lynn Lilly, May 07 2014
If it was up to us, we'd have pizza every night for dinner. We are suckers for that crispy crust, with melted cheese and tomato sauce. Yum! We have found, though, that by making it yourself at home you can control exactly what goes into it, making it a healthier choice for my family. Not to mention, it's a great opportunity to get creative with flavor combinations and to involve the whole family in the cooking process. Our favorite creation these days is this goat cheese and roasted red pepper pizza. We used a whole wheat crust and fresh ingredients to keep it light.
1. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F
3. Spread flour on a clean surface and knead dough. Shape into a 9 inch. round circle and place on a pizza stone.
4. Spread sauce, red peppers, arugula, and goat cheese onto the pizza.
5. Place in the oven and bake at 350 F for 16 minutes.6. Remove from oven, slice, and enjoy!