National Cheeseburger Day is September 18th. This is the day when foodies come together to celebrate the good ole classic cheeseburger. But wait, we have a twist to this American favorite. Forget the buns and let’s throw in a flaky pie crust to make it extra special. Add 100% ground beef and cheddar cheese, boom! This cheeseburger has a new look. Get ready for some serious eating with our delicious cheeseburger pie recipe.
- Ready-to-bake pie shell
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pack of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons worchestire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake pie crust for 15 minutes. When done, remove from oven to cool.
2. Heat skillet with cooking oil. Add diced onions. Stir onions until golden. Add beef, worchestire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until beef is cooked. Drain beef in a colander then transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add beaten egg and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to beef. Mix well. Pour beef mixture to pie shell. Top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Serve with a refreshing salad.