Alert:: Great idea for Teacher Appreciation Week
We are excited to team up with Tiny Prints to share their all new color in thank you notes. These mini works of art are the perfect way for your kids to have fun while sending a thank you note. Tiny Prints has tons of different designs that can be completely customized. To make these thank you notes a little sweeter we are sharing a easy cookie recipe that you can make with your little ones. These cookies are so delicious and easy to package for a scrumptious thank you that will be greatly appreciated!
Let your child help you pick the perfect design from the many options available on TinyPrints.com! Cards come in different shapes, sizes and colors. Check out our favorites designs below.
TinyPrints will donate $5 for every card posted to instagram using hashtag #tinythanks, up to $10,000, to TNTP (www.tntp.org), a non-profit that helps ensure all kids get excellent teachers.
Designs (left to right): Heart Shape Dearest Thanks, Grateful Dots, Bestie Beastie
Once you get your cards give your child crayons and let them go wild with creativity!
Grateful Dots with Grateful Dots Envelop Inserts
Now for the perfect sweet touch to accompany the creative cards. Make quick and easy cinnamon sugar cookies with your child in 30 minutes!
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Ingredients (Yields 1 1/2 dozen):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra: 1 tablespoon sugar 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar (1 cup) together.
- Using an electric mixer to mix creamed butter and sugar with egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, cinnamon (1 1/2 teaspoon) and baking powder.
- Combine the powder mixture with the egg mixture. Use your hands to form a dough ball (this is the fun for the kids).
- Cover bowl and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl combine the extra sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove dough from the freezer and roll into individual 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes before enjoying a sample and then packaging for gifting!
These cookies definitely require one or two taste tests ;) Have your child package the cookies in clear party bags and seal with decorative tape. If you plan to hand deliver your thank you notes (great touch) use twine to tie the cookie package to the envelopes. If you are mailing them, put the card and cookies in a padded envelope.
Make sure to check out all the creative and custom stationery options Tiny Prints has for children and adults!
Connect with Tiny Prints: Website | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Stay tuned for next weeks feature on gorgeous thank you notes for adults!
Product and compensation were provided for this post but all options, photographs and content are my own!