This post is sponsored by Cricut but all thoughts and opinions are my own!
Boho bedroom decor is a top trend this year and I am so excited to incorporate this trend into projects throughout the year and add a little touch of boho to my oldest daughters room. My Cricut Maker has been a go-to for all the decorations I have made for both my daughter's rooms and their playroom.
I love dream catchers and thought I would take a modern twist on the traditional dream catcher and create a boho chic dream hoop embellished with paper flowers. I was so happy to have my Cricut Maker to create all these paper flowers and leaves! It makes it so easy to create perfect flowers and leaves. It would have taken me forever to cut all those by hand and not look nearly as neat. All the templates I used for the flowers and leaves are available in design space (link below)
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut Weeding Tool, Scraper, Small Detail Scissor
- Cricut Standard Cutting Mat
- 18" Wood Wreath Hoop
- Cardstock in Light Pink, White, Off White
- White Feathers
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Variety of Yarn in Pink, White, Gray (get different thicknesses)
- Pom Pom Trim
- Open the design I saved in Cricut Design Space by clicking HERE.
- I have created two sizes of each of the flowers. You can create different sizes of each flower if you want to add more variety.
- I cut a mix of all 4 flowers in two different sizes. I cut 24 flowers and a handful of leaves.
- Carefully weed the excess cardstock around the flowers and leaves using the weeding tool.
- If you are having trouble getting the flowers and the leaves off of the mat carefully use the scraper or fold the mat slightly back.
- Starting at the end of the flower roll each flower tightly until you get to the center. Slightly let the flower unravel until you get your desired fullness.
- Place a large dab of hot glue on the tab and glue the rolled flower to the tab. Hold in place until the glue is dry.
- Use your fingers to fluff out the petals of the flower. Complete for all the flowers.
- I added small white pom poms (cut off the trim) in the center of some of the flowers.
- Cut the yarn, trim and lace to various lengths.
- Glue the yarn, trim and lace around the bottom of the hoop.
- Cut a cardstock base that starts off skinny on the top left of the hoop and gets wider as cascades down the hoop. Glue it to the hoop over the yarn.
- Glue the flowers in a cascading pattern on the cardstock platform on the hoop. It should start skinny at the top with one flower and get wider as it cascades down to the end.
- Finish the design by gluing 3 feathers at the end and filling in with the paper leaves.
I absolutely love how this Boho Chic Paper Flower Dream Hoop turned out. It is perfect for a kids room or even a shower or wedding!
If you don't have a Cricut yet I highly recommend the Maker. Find out more about the Maker in the review I posted when it first came out.
I can’t wait to make these for my granddaughters for Christmas! Thank you so much for sharing!