Sprinkle a little pretend magic dust before you start this next craft. Today is also about creating a magical gnome and fairy garden! Here’s what you’ll need to make this craft:
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- 1 Sheet of Green Construction Paper
- Model Magic
- Washable Liquid Glue
- Washable Glue Stick
- Erasable Colored Pencil
- Washable Markers
- Paper plate
- Paper Cup
- Cupcake liner or coffee filter
- Get your paper cup and cut about halfway into your cup. Then cut again across to the left of your previous cut. Fold back to create a door for your mushroom home.
- Decorate your cup and cupcake liner with markers. Draw a doorknob and window to your door.
- Flip your cup so it is upside down. Add liquid glue to the rim of your cup and add the cupcake liner to the top and hold it down for a few seconds. Set aside to dry.
- With your construction paper and paper plate, trace the plate onto the construction paper.
- Cut out the circle.
- Trim the circle if needed to fit the bottom of your plate once the plate is rightside up.
- Add glue from your glue stick to the bottom of the plate and add your green construction paper.
- Next, take your liquid glue and add a small line of glue to the bottom of your cup. Don’t add glue to the bottom of the door. Then add it to the top of your green construction paper. Set aside to dry.
- Take a small piece of white Model Magic and color it with the Copper color marker. Fold and knead the Model Magic and keep adding in color until it is fully colored desired color. This will be the heads of the gnome and fairy.
- Split the Model Magic from step nine in two equal parts and roll each into a ball.
- Take another small part of another Model Magic blue (or color of your choice) and roll a nickel size ball. Slightly press each side to mold the body into a square/cylinder shape.
- Attach the body to one of the balls from step 10.
- With the same color, use a small piece and shape it into a cone shape. Curve one end of the point and have the other end flat. This will be the hat for the gnome.
- Add the head to the cylinder shape and add the hat to the head. Now, you have a gnome! Set aside until we are ready to glue it to the garden.
- With another color of your Model Magic, take a small piece and roll it into another cylinder shape. This will be the body of the fairy.
- With another small piece of Model Magic, flatten it in between your fingers. Add it to the top of the fairy’s head to make hair. Add the head to the fairy’s body.
- With your neon green Model Magic, shape two small pieces to look like small leaves. These will be wings for your fairy. Add them to the back of the fairy.
- Glue the bottom of the gnome and fairy to the green part of your paper plate.
- Glue a few pebbles on the most flat side to your plate also.
Bonus idea: Add a battery tea light inside the cup to make it a nightlight.
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.