Tis the season to deck the stairs! I normally decorate my staircase with fresh garland and glamorous holiday balls and bows, but this year I decided to go a step farther and create a design on my steps. I have a wide staircase leaving plenty of room to create a beautiful display on the first few steps. You already know I love Krylon®Brand and I am excited to share my favorite products that helped transform boring containers into a beautiful display.
A few things to consider before designing your steps:
- If you have children, make sure to use non-breakable containers
- If you have pets and children be conscious of any live plants you decide to display
- 1 can of Krylon Frosted Glass Finish in White Frosted
- 1 can of Krylon Premium Metallic in Silver Foil
- 1 can of Krylon Premium Metallic in Gold Foil
- 1 can of Krylon Shimmer Metallic in Candy Apple
- Variety of glass and tin containers
- Variety of home decor accents like wooden letters, sticks, wooden Christmas tree, faux antlers, etc.
- Holiday fluff like ornaments, ribbon, garland, etc.
- Mini Christmas trees
- Tarp or drop cloth
- Mask and gloves
Project Time: 2 Hours (including dry time)
- In a well-ventilated space or outdoors cover a flat surface with a drop cloth or tarp.
- Before starting, read and follow safety and application instructions on the spray paint can.
- Group the containers and home accents into 4 groups based on the desired finish.
- Spread each item out so it is at least 1 foot away from the other.
- Spray each group of items with the desired finish by holding the can 8-12 inches from the project.
- Let the projects dry for 20 minutes and then spray a second coat. I got my desired look with 2 coats with all 4 finishes.
- Let projects completely dry for 30-45 minutes.
Now it is time to have fun and style your stairs. Start by draping garland on the railings and then place your designed pieces by alternating heights and creating groups of complementing colors. I placed all my containers and accents first and then filled in with greenery, ornaments, and fluff to complete the look!
Visit your local Hobby Lobby to purchase the Krylon products and the supplies featured in this project as well as much more!
This post is sponsored by Krylon and is part of an on-going paid campaign between Craft Box Girls and Krylon. All ideas, opinions, and photographs are my own!