Light up the holidays with an easy paper craft that is fun for the whole family. Cut and create paper trees in minutes to create perfect table or fireplace decoration. Hold it all together with Aleene's Original Tacky Glue! Once you get the hang of folding and cutting these trees you can experiment with cut sizes and shapes!
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Square Sheet of Cardstock or Paper (three sizes)
- Sequin Strands
- Faux Tea Lights
- Start with the largest square and fold the square sheet of paper corner to corner to get a triangle.
- Fold over again making sure create a crisp point. Fold over again.
- Unfold back to a square.
- Following the fold lines accordion fold the sheet of paper alternating folding over and under.
- Cut a straight edge across the bottom of the folded triangle.
- Starting on the of of the folded edges cut inward being careful to not cut all the way through. Make a second cut to create a rounded triangle.
- Repeat the same cut all the way to the tip of the tree leaving space between each cut.
- Next go to the opposite edge and cut out smaller triangles in between each of the cuts from the opposite side. Do this all the way to the point.
- Unfold the tree to reveal the cuts!
- Use the Aleene's Original Tacky Glue to glue the edges together to form the tree. It will stand up on its own.
- Finish the top of the tree by glueing on a bow.
- Next make two smaller trees following the same step. Finish off these trees with a bow on the top and by gluing a sequin strand the bottom of each.
Now it's time to light up! Place a battery powered tea light under each tree! These look great from day to night and add the perfect holiday flair!
Stay tuned I have so many more holiday projects coming your way with Aleene's Adhesives!
This post is sponsored by Aleene's but all thoughts and opinions are my own!