A quick snap shot of 5 reasons why I am excited about the new Cricut Mug Press:
1. Works with infusible ink transfer sheets and Markers
2. Creates mugs that will last forever. Infusible Ink does not peel, bubble or fade over time.
3. Works with infusible ink compatible straight wall mugs. Cricut created 12 oz and 15 oz mugs designed to work perfectly with the Mug Press and Influsible Ink.
4. No worrying about time or heat settings. The Mug Press does it all for you. Insert, secure and let it work its magic! You are altered by a light system and chime when it is done.
5. Safety first! It has an auto shut-off when your mug is done or it has been inactive.
The easiest way to get started with your Mug Press is to start with a design that is already available in Cricut Design Space and use Cricut Infusible Transfer Sheets that are sized perfectly for creating mug designs.
A few tips for creating mugs when you get started:
Make sure to use a lint roller on your mug before applying the transfer.
Don't forget to mirror your image before cutting.
Make sure the transfer is flat against the mug. Apply heat transfer tape to the top and bottom where it feels little loose.
Do not overlap the heat transfer tape with the design. The pressure could affect the transfer.
When you insert your mug into the press make sure that walls will completely cover the design when they are closed.
Cover your design with butcher paper before placing it in the mug press.
Stay tuned! My next tutorial is going to show you how the infusible ink pens and markers to make a personalized mug.