Today we are going to turn a paper cup into a hanging sea creature! Here’s what you’ll need to make this craft:
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- Yellow Paint From Your Paint Set
- A Paintbrush From Your Paint Set
- Washable Liquid Glue
- Bright Pop Cardstock.
- Washable Markers
- A Paper Cup
- Googly Eyes
- A Pencil
- Paint the paper cup. Make sure you paint the top, inside, and bottom of the cup.
- Let the paint dry. Set aside for now.
- Pick two sheets of bright pop cardstock paper.
- Cut four strips from each sheet of bright pop cardstock paper, so you have eight total strips of paper. The strips should each be approximately 1"x 9"
- Roll each strip of paper. If you are having trouble rolling, roll it around a pencil. Make sure each strip has the color-side facing up.
- Add a line of glue a the end of one paper roll.
- Place the cardstock roll inside the yellow paper cup, with the color-side facing up.
- Glue each of the cardstock strips on the inside of the yellow paper cup.
- Glue googly eyes onto the paper cup. If you do not have googly eyes, you can draw eyes or cut out a set from construction paper.
- Draw a smile onto the octopus.
- Poke a small hole into the top of the yellow paper cup with the pencil.
- String the yarn through the hole in the top of the paper cup.
- On the inside of the paper cup, tie a knot large enough so the yarn will be stopped from going through the hole.
- Pull the yarn through
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.