Pinwheels are one of my favorite crafts! Today, we are going to make a fun arrangement to display at home. You can also make these for school projects or decorations for your room.
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- Bright Pop Cardstock
- Washable Markers
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Washable Liquid Glue
- Paper or Plastic Straws
- Select a piece of Bright Pop cardstock.
- Measure and draw a 5" x 5" square with a colored pencil and ruler.
- Use the scissors to cut out the square. Place the square face down.
- Place the ruler diagonally across the square and draw a line. Place the ruler on the opposite corners and draw a line. You will see an "X" drawn through the square.
- Starting at one corner, use the scissor to cut toward the center stopping about a 1/2" before the center. Repeat this same step on the other 3 corner.
- Use your markers, colored pencils and crayons to draw and doodle on the back side of the pinwheel.
- Place a dot of liquid glue in the center.
- Fold one corner of the square to the center. Hold in place until the glue is tacky enough to hold by itself.
- Add another small dot of glue to the center. Skip a corner and glue up the next corner. Do this all the way around the square skipping every other.
- Once the pinwheel is dry flip it over.
- Place a line of glue down the back and glue on a straw.
- Repeat these steps to make more pinwheels. Change the sizes of the pinwheels by adjusting the size of the square you drew in step 2.
Arrange your pinwheels in a cup or vase!
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.