Brighten a friend's or family member's day with a homemade card! Here is what you need for this project:
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- 1 Pieces of Bright Pop Cardstock
- 1 Piece of White Paper from Paint Kit
- 3 Pieces of Construction Paper
- 1 Erasable Colored Pencil
- Kid-Safe Scissors
- Washable Glue Stick
- Small Paper Plate
- Take the piece of Bright Pop and place printed side face down. On the short side, measure 7" and make a dash. Use the ruler to make a straight line across the paper. Cut along this line. Remember, you can make your cards any size.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Unfold the paper and lay it on a piece of construction paper and trace. Cut the piece of construction paper to the same size and fold in half.
- Take the small paper plate (you can also use a small bowl) and place half of it on the edge of the white piece of paper and trace it.
- Cut out the half circle and use the crayons to color a rainbow.
- Take the folded pink piece of construction paper and place 3-4 fingers in the center of the fold and make a mark on each side of your fingers. The mark should be about 1.5" long.
- Cut along the marks.
- Open up the card and pop out the piece you just cut.
- Cut out white and blue clouds and glue to the bottom of the rainbow.
- Use the glue stick to to glue the pink paper to the back side of the Bright Pop cardstock. Do not put glue on the area you just cut in step 6-8.
- Keep that the area you cut popped out. Put a little glue on the front and glue the rainbow to it.
- Fold the card closed. Cut a piece of construction paper a little smaller than the front cover. Cut fun wavy lines. Glue to the front of the card.
- Use the crayons to write a message on the front of the card and on the inside.
This card is the perfect way to make someone smile!
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.