With Thanksgiving in my rearview mirror, I am excited about a festive holiday, especially with the early arrival of our baby girl Lily. There are many celebrations ahead with family and friends. I love to create special experiences when I am entertaining and Milo's Tea is the perfect touch to add to my festivities. For holiday Celebrations I like to pick one food item and weave it through my entire dining experience. This year I am using cranberries for my Christmas dinner celebration. I am creating a cranberry stove top scent, designing my tablescape with touches of cranberries, incorporating cranberries into each course of my menu and creating a delicious mocktail with a family favorite, Milo's Tea! Milo's Tea is freshly brewed and features all natural ingredients. No preservatives or added acids. My featured mocktail for Christmas is Sparkling Cranberry Tea! It is easy, delicious and is great for the whole family!
- Milo's Tea
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Fresh Cranberries
- Club Soda
Cranberry Simple Syrup Recipe:
- Add 1 cup of fresh cranberries to a saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of water to the saucepan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10-15 minutes, you will hear the cranberries pop.
- Reduce to a simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a muddler to mash up the remaining cranberries
- Use a spoon to scoop out large pieces of skin.
- Store and refrigerate in a glass jar. The syrup will last for up to 2 weeks. It is also good on bagels and other breakfast items.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice.
- Pour Milo's Tea in the shaker until it is 3/4 full.
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon in the shaker.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cranberry syrup in the shaker.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass over crushed ice. Fill each glass 3/4 full.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a skewer of fresh cranberries and a few sprigs of mint.
Get ready for smiles and cheers all around as the entire family enjoys this special cocktail and themed cranberry dining experience! Don't forget that Milo's Tea is sweetened with pure cane sugar, no calorie, and unsweet options, as well as lemonade, and a tea and lemonade mix.
A fun fact is that Milo's Tea is a family owned, certified women-owned business based in Bessemer, Alabama! I found Milo’s at my local Target in the refrigerated juice and dairy section but they are available at lots of retailers. Find a store near you by using the store locator.
Have a fantastic Holiday!