I am so excited to be hosting Testors Crafternoons for the next few weeks! Each week our team will be taking a break for an afternoon of crafting (Crafternoon) and you get to come along for the fun! We kicked off our first week by making DIY Marbled Chargers and this week we are making a Modern Cornucopia perfect for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving. I love this project because the whole family or your whole friend group can collectively make this craft in preparation for your big meal! Check out the video below and stay tuned for next week, we are making clay leaf bowls to accent your table!
- Testors Craft Dimensional Craft Medium
- Assorted Testors Craft Acrylic Paints
- Testors Craft Clear Spray Adhesive
- Testors Craft Intense Glitter Brilliance
- Faux Gourds
- Tin Bucket
- Paint Brushes
- Craft Sticks
- Plastic Cup
Steps for Stenciling with Dimensional Craft Paste
- Scoop Dimensional Craft Paste into a plastic cup and mix with the Testors Acrylic Paint color of your choice. Stir with a craft stick until mixed thoroughly.
- Stick an adhesive stencil to your surface. If your stencil is not adhesive lightly spray the back of the stencil with Testors Clear Spray Adhesive and adhere to the surface.
- Spread the paste over the stencil. Layer it on, making sure to cover the entire stencil but also stay within the lines. 4. Use a larger craft stick to scrape the excess paste that is laying on the stencil. 5. Peel stencil to reveal your beautiful design. 6. Let the design dry for 24 hours.
Gourd Decorating Tips & Techniques:
- For subtle accents and fabulous sparkle paint the gourds and faux leaves with Testors Craft Intense Glitter.
- Spray the tops of the gourds with Testors Spray Adhesive and sprinkle with glitter.
- Use a toothbrush to brush acrylic paint lightly across the pumpkins.
- Use a brush to add color to the edges of the pinecone arms.
- For a fun pop of brilliant color pour two colors of paint on the gourds and let it drip down the sides.
Once all your projects are dry arrange them in the tin and enjoy a fabulous modern twist on a cornucopia.
I hope you enjoyed our second episode of Testors Crafternoons! Stay tuned for next weeks show!
This post was sponsored by Testors Craft but all opinions and ideas are my own.