Ahoy matey! Sail away in your own colorful and creative boat and watch it float away. This is what you’ll need to make this craft:
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- Liquid Glue
- Glitter Glue
- Bright Pop! Cardstock
- Model Magic
- Construction Paper
- Popsicle sticks
- Duck Tape
- Extra bottle cap
- Water bottles
- Hole puncher
- Get your water bottles and make sure they are completely dry inside.
- Take 2 sheets construction paper and measure the length of the bottle. Cut your construction paper to that length.
- Make some abstract art on your construction paper.
- Roll it up tight and put it inside your water bottle so you can see your artwork through the water bottle as it unravels.
- Put the bottle caps on.
- Take some duct tape and wrap the bottles together.
- Get your popsicle stick and measure out about how much you need to make a flat layer for the top of your bottles.
- Once you know how many popsicle sticks you need, lay them out and glue them together. Let the glue dry. This is your platform.
- Get your popsicle stick platform and glue it to the top of bottles.
- Get your card stock paper, measure out your platform, and cut it out.
- Glue the card stock paper to the platform. Let the glue dry.
- Get card stock paper and cut into a square to make a sail.
- Punch a hole in the middle at the top and bottom part of the paper.
- Decorate your sail.
- Slide the straw through the holes and glue the paper to the straw for extra support if needed.
- With your extra bottle cap, add some Model Magic to the inside of the bottle cap.
- Stick your straw and paper sail in the middle of the Model Magic. Glue the bottle cap to the paper.
Get ready to sail away in your own boat this summer! We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.