I love caterpillers... so I bet you can guess that this one of my favorite crafts!
Project Name: 3D Caterpillar on a Leaf
Project Difficulty: Easy
- Crayola Silly Scents Markers
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Crayola Gluestick
- Crayola Orange, Red and Green Construction Paper (or colors of your choice)
- Draw a leaf on the green construction paper. This should be similar to a football shape. Cut out.
- Fold in half and crease. Fold a few more times to create the leaf veins and then unfold.
- Trace the lines with a marker.
- Take the orange construction paper (or color of your choice) and measure out 1 and a half inches. Measure out 3 inches and measure out 4 and a half inches.
- Trace those lines to the edge of the paper and then cut out. You should now have 3 strips.
- Repeat with the red sheet of paper (or color of your choice). You should now have 6 strips, 3 of each color.
- Take each strip and fold in half. Cut through the half mark.
- Roll the strips and glue into circles. Now you have 3 red chain links and 3 orange chain links.
- Glue the chain links together.
- Cut out small strips from the extra green paper.
- Wrap around your pencil and remove. Now you should have two curly antennas. Glue to the top of the caterpillar's head.
- Draw the eyes and mouth with a marker.
- Glue the caterpillar onto the leaf.
What are you going to name your caterpillar?