Project Name: Paper Plate Ice Skates
Project Difficulty: Intermediate
- Black and white construction paper
- 2 Paper plates
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- Hole punch
- Glue stick
- Paint brush and paint
- Metallic Markers
- Draw your ice skate shape on a paper plate and cut out.
- Using your watercolor and paint brush paint the skate and let dry. You can pick your favorite color.
- Trace the popsicle stick two times onto black paper. Cut out and glue to your popsicle stick.
- Use your metallic markers to decorate.
- Cut out two small strips from your white piece of paper.
- Fold each piece over top of your black popsicle stick - 1 on each end - glue with your glue stick.
- Place a white sheet of paper at the top of your skate and using your pencil, trace a cloud shape and cut out.
- Glue your cloud shape to the top of your ice skate using your glue stick.
- Glue the black popsicle stick to the bottom of your skates using your glue stick.
- Using your hole punch, cut out 12 holes along the side of the skate.
- Lace your string through the holes.
- Repeat the above steps for your other skate and attach the two strings together at the top by tying a bow.
Hang your ice skates up and image your own winter wonderland!