We are channeling spring in Atlanta with 80-degree weather in February. The temps have been amazing but the rain has been challenging. We finally got one sunny day in a string of 10 rainy days and decided to take a break from the studio. It was the perfect excuse for me to continue my challenge from Crunchmaster® to become a picnic master. If you missed my first winter picnic you need to check out all my tips plus delicious recipes! Long before I started working with Crunchmaster® I was obsessed with their crackers and my obsession grows with everyone picnic I host! Friends, if you are have not tried them, you are missing out (trust me)!
Rosanna, Hope and I had a blast whipping up a boxed picnic lunch and popping over to a park a few minutes from our studio. We had the pups at the office from a television segment earlier in the day so it was the perfect excuse for a much needed afternoon off! Tate and Abby loved their afternoon at the park!
Tips for hosting a picnic during the work day with your pups:
- Keep the food simple
- Use boxes to create a bento box of tasty treats for each person
- Bring extra bags of crackers for snacking all afternoon
- Get creative with simple decor to add to the fun
- Bring tasty treats for your pets so they don't steal your lunch
Bento Box Picnic Lunch
Italian Bacon Cheese Ball
- 8 Ounces of non-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 Cup bacon bits
- Powder Italian dressing packet
- 1/3 Cup chives
- Plastic wrap
- Washi tape
- Crunchmaster® Applewood Smoked Bacon Crackers
- Soften Cream Cheese.
- Combine bacon bits, chives, cream cheese and Italian dressing until thoroughly mixed.
- Separate mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Spoon each part onto a piece of plastic and roll into a ball encased in plastic wrap. Seal the plastic wrap by wrapping a piece of washi tape around the ball.
- Refrigerate until you are ready for the picnic.
- Serve with Crunchmaster® Applewood Smoked Bacon Crackers.
Sea Salt Chocolate Dipped Crackers
- 4 ounces of dark chocolate baking chips
- Sea Salt
- Parchment paper
- Crunchmaster® Sea Salt Crackers
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip crackers halfway in the chocolate and lay on a parchment paper to harden.
- Sprinkle with sea salt before the chocolate hardens.
Hummus Tomato Bites
- Edamame Hummus (or your favorite flavor)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Crunchmaster® Artisan Cheesy Garlic Bread Crackers
Add a dollop of your favorite hummus to a cracker and top with a cherry tomato! So simple but so delicious!
When you are planning your picnic, let the delicious variety of Crunchmaster flavors inspire your snack ideas! Keep it simple, keep it delicious!
Stay tuned for my next picnic adventure! Hint.... it's a mommy and me theme!
In full disclosure, this post is part of a paid campaign for Crunchmaster® but all ideas, recipes are my own. I have been a long time Crunchmaster eater and love these crackers even before I started working with them!